Steve Jenson's blog

I went to the doctor last night and discovered that I have an ear infection and a sinus infection. He gave me some antibiotics. It should be mostly cleared up by the time I get back to SF.

I haven't felt much like hacking on code but I did work on converting a scanner I wrote from understanding only ascii to understanding Unicode. Objective-C NSString's have no trouble with unicode, and the convenience method I'm using to load a file into a NSString understand's Unicode as well, I'm just struggling with idioms for dealing with individual characters inside an NSString. char* arrays here make more sense to me but only because that's what I'm used to.

# — 21 December, 2002